CIO Advisory Consultant
Currently accepting resumes for future engagements with our clients.
Type: Corp to corp, 1099 or W-2
Location: Any Location, Travel may be required up to 80% of the time
Techserity recruits world-class consultants for its CIO Advisory Practice to small to medium sized businesses. As a consultant within Techserity’s most strategically important and fast-growing practice, these individuals will provide leadership on multiple dimensions – executive client leadership, thought leadership, and collaborative leadership within the CIO Advisory Practice and throughout Techserity Solutions and Services Practice areas. Successful candidates will have demonstrated a track record of developed on-going, trusted advisory relationships with top executives and leaders throughout various industries in the small to medium sized market space.
Skills & Experience
- At least 15+ years of IT leadership in small to medium sized businesses
- Management consulting experience, with a track record of building client relationships across multiple assignments with most recent experience in IT Solutions and IT Services companies
- A significant track record of success in strategic consulting in small to medium sized companies on a diverse set of strategic and operational issues
- A broad general manager perspective, including understanding of strategy and marketing, operations, IT, business transformation and performance improvement
- Thought-leadership and understanding of how to develop commercial knowledge capital and build it into the fabric of a practice
- Senior client leadership experience and executive presence to represent. Techserity and convincingly among the highest levels of client executives.
- MBA or Master’s degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degree required
- Ability to travel up to 100%
- Entrepreneurial, proactive, and productive; someone who instinctively knows what needs to be done and rallies colleagues to get things accomplished.
- Insightful with strong problem-solving skills and pragmatic with a practical, “real-world” sense of what is actually “do-able.”
- Articulate and compelling in his/her oral and written communication skills; engaging and concise – with interpersonal “presence.”
- Energetic, with drive, enthusiasm, and a natural skill in relationship development; an extensive network of potentially relevant relationships.
- Able to effectively direct a multiple client engagements, if needed.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead engagements on IT Strategy and assist clients with identifying current IT trends, defining new business models and supporting IT capabilities needed to create competitive advantage
- Conduct IT Cost Optimization assessments to help IT leaders assess their IT budgets and identify cost optimization/ rationalization opportunities
- Assess client’s current IT organizations and define operating models which are aligned to business objectives. Example services include IT Organization Assessment, Workforce Optimization, IT Skill Assessment, IT Process Improvement, IT Portfolio Management, Project Prioritization, SDLC assessments, etc.
- Conduct and lead Application Portfolio assessments to determine the best technology disposition of client’s IT application portfolio following a mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
- Assist clients in identifying the right sourcing strategies, demand management and optimization strategies, and achieving procurement transformation objectives
- Be responsible to create approach, identify appropriate tools and methodologies, lead client workshops/ discussions, perform analysis, draw conclusions, formulate strategic recommendations and develop business cases and roadmaps to support recommendations
- In addition to executing consulting engagements, actively contribute towards industry specific offerings, whitepapers, RFP/ RFI responses and client discussion documents
- Ensure the quality of the Practice’s work continues to be truly distinctive through innovative, Intellectual Capital development with a focus on client impact and tangible results
- Help recruit, develop, and retain other CIO Advisory Consultants professionals.
- Work collaboratively with other practices and geographic regions to ensure that Techserity operates effectively as one firm.
Techserity is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Techserity is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective consultants are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment. We will only be able to respond to those candidates that most closely meet our criteria.